Originally compiled by a former Lantern Herald, Cuhelyn Cam vap Morcant, Yves has maintained this list since then and adds
to it or tweaks it on occasion.
It's intended to be a quick reference for SCA heralds for recommended information from resources on the Web.
Lantern’s List of Links
- Administrative Handbook of the College of Arms of the SCA, Inc.
- Standards for Evaluation of Names and Armory of the College of Arms of the SCA, Inc. (formerly the Rules for Submission)
- Glossary of Terms as used by the College of Arms of the SCA, Inc.
- A directory of educational material regarding names, naming practices and related subjects.
- Given Names that are Not Suitable for SCA Usage.
- Collected Precedents of the SCA: Conflict Tables.
- "Lingual Weirdness Rulings" by Aryanhwy merch Catmael (Drachenwald). Learn if the SCA will register a given
name from one culture with a second element from a different culture.
- http://www.s-gabriel.org/ (link to the Wayback Machine; Oct
- Academy of Saint Gabriel.
- Academy of Saint Gabriel Report Archive.
- Pennsic Traceable Art Project by Ailis Linne.
- Cross Conflict Table
- Featuring nearly four dozen types of crosses and items arranged in a cross pattern, it includes the LoAR date and page
for each ruling. The text of the actual precedents are listed below the table. According to the page, it was compiled by
Athenais Bryennissa (Artemisia), updated 17 January 2006 and was current through the October 2005 LoAR.
- Flower Conflict and Registerability
- Does a lily conflict with a tulip? This will tell you. Original content by Tanczos Istvan; last updated January 2005.
A "dusted off" version is now kept right here on Meridies Heraldry.
- "Line of Division Conflict Table" by Robert mac Cormaic.
- Reserved and Prohibited charges: problem charges to update your Pic Dic.
Collected by Pendar the Bard (Outlands). This version is an update of the version on the SCA.ORG site below. Lists the
policy changes to reserved and banned charges that have come about since the Pic Dic was published." Updated September
- Reserved and Prohibited Charges. Compiled by Dmitrii Volkovich and updated by Meradudd Cethin.
Can my client register a rose? The answer can be found here. Updated May 2002.
- "Argent Snail’s Armory Insta-Boing Check List" by Jaelle of Armida.
- "A Grammar of Blazonry" (or Master Bruce's Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Blazon) by Bruce Draconarius.
- "Some birds and the postures in which they are found in period English heraldry" by Zenobia Naphtali.
- A Heraldic Primer. Original concept by Iulstan Sigewealding, expanded and updated by Meradudd Cethin.
- Basic Conflict Checking by Teceangl Bach. From April 1999.
- Precedents of the SCA College of Arms.
- SCA Ordinary and Armorial.
- "Heraldic Myths (Information to Clear Up Misconceptions Involving SCA Heraldry)" by Modar Neznanich.
- "Frequently Given Answers (That are Wrong)" by Gawain of Miskbridge.
- Modar's Heraldry Page. Many, many articles on colorful pages.
- http://www.heraldsnet.org/saitou/parker || archive
- Parker’s Glossary of Terms Used in Heraldry by James Parker (1895).
- Yves' Pages on SCA Heraldry. According to Cuhelyn, it is "one of the few heraldry sites that includes information
on voice heraldry and running a list."